Sunday 11 November 2007

Nanshan Tourism Zone

I've walked miles and my legs feel like jelly! I decided I'd set off from the apartment this lunchtime and walk up to the Buddha we visited last weekend. I'd read in one of the tourist guides that there was also a Chinese History and Culture park just behind the Buddha - I didn't quite expect it to be as big as it was!

"The Chinese History and Culture park (now reading from the brochure that I really should have read in more detail earlier..) occupies 6 square kilometers and is a theme park that demonstrates the five thousand years on Chinese culture." I think I walked every single centimeter of the 6 square kilometers!

It was really good actually, there were temples, pavilions, ancient halls, a mini replica of the great wall of China and lots of hills! I've taken lots of photos as it's so difficult to describe the magnificence of the place - luckily it was a nice clear day so there are some pretty good ones and you can see for yourselves.

No comments: