Friday 9 November 2007

Another quiet day...

Today has been quite quiet - the kids are still having exams so we've not had any lessons again.

Besides sleeping and reading Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell I've been quite productive today. I've managed to complete my first Open University assignment of the academic year and submitted it - there were some pretty weird questions such as 'What does the term ‘quantisation’ mean in the context of representing images and sound on a computer' and 'Even where a quantity is fundamentally analogue, it is possible that a measuring device may display it as though it were discrete, for the convenience of the user. Explain in no more than 200 words how this is done, illustrating your answer with two examples.' - help! I think I've managed to answer them OK, will just have to wait for the marks to come back to see.

I went to the market down the road for tea today again - it's a fantastic place - it's like a huge open plan factory building with an indoor market inside with stalls selling fruit, vegetables, noodles, bread, groceries, Chinese dumplings, general food, jewelery and loads more. Outside the market, and right the way up the main street in Nanshan there are snooker/pool tables every 5 meters or so - there aren't any bars around here so I guess playing snooker/pool and possibly cards is about the only thing to do.

I've not got much planned for the weekend so don't be suprised if it all goes quiet on the blog front - I may have a walk up to the Buddha again the the tourism district if the weather is nice - will get me out of the apartment and have some exercise.

No comments: