Wednesday 21 November 2007

Water Villages and Chinese Acrobats

I set off early this morning hen my guide came to pick me up - luckily the tour group was pretty small - only 7 including me - all American except one German guy. We drove the one and a half hours to Suzhou and had a look around some of the gardens there - we had a quick trip around a silk factory, found out how silk is harvested and then made into garments, quilts, ties etc and then we had lunch.

This afternoon we went to Zhouzhuang and wandered around the small alleyways and had a trip on a Chinese style gondola around the water streets. It was really picturesque and a great break from the city.

Tonight I have been to the most amazing acrobatics show ever - it was staged by the Shanghai acrobatics school and troupe and the performances were amazing and pretty death defying.
There was everything from magic, to balancing acts, to juggling, acrobatics, dance and even 5 people on motorbikes going around inside a huge hollow metal circle - the way they dodged each other kind of reminded me of the Beijing traffic!

No comments: