Thursday 22 November 2007

Pandas (and a few other animals..)

I was even braver today and attempted the bus - the hardest thing is that all the timetables are written in Chinese so not only do you not know which stop to wait at, you don't know what time the bus is coming, or whether or not it is even heading in the right direction! Luckily one of the members of staff here at the youth hostel was really helpful - she marked on my map which bus stop I needed to go to, which bus I needed at catch and from there it was pretty easy (I only got on one wrong bus - theres not much difference between 925 and 925b!) :-).

I caught the bus to the zoo - it would have been a shame not to see the Pandas one last time before I went so that was this mornings trip. The zoo is just outside the main city centre and has all the usual animals a zoo has - when I get home I'll put the photos up online.

This afternoon I went to Jingan temple and had a wander around some shops. Tonight I walked down the riverside to Yuyuan garden and then took a cruise along the river to see the city at night.

I have absolutely no idea what to do tomorrow - I've now been to all the places on the list I wrote out before I came here. I'll probably just have a quiet day and relax before the epic 30-odd hour trip back on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all and getting home now. :-)

No comments: