Sunday 21 October 2007

2 days to go...

It's been a hectic weekend trying to get everything sorted but I think I'm finally there..!

I eventually received my visa (along with my passport that I had to send off to them) through the post on Friday and got my money converted to Chinese Yuan. I've bought a load of stickers (well done stickers, smiley faces etc) for the kids and planned a load of lessons on clothes, food, sports, body parts, music, weather, the alphabet and more! At least it will mean I'm not really stressed if I get chucked in at the deep end on the Monday morning in class with 40-50 eager eyes staring at me waiting for me to speak!

I fly out from Newcastle to Beijing Tuesday afternoon, connecting in Dubai - I should arrive in Beijing about 15.10 China time (8.10am UK time on Wednesday). The plan at the moment is to chill out for a few days when I get there, go trekking on the great wall of china, do some sightseeing in Beijing and then fly up to Yantai to go to the school at the weekend.

I best get packing....!

No comments: